Just finished collecting/downloading all the episodes of Naruto Shippuuden from ep 01 to ep 109.. Neiweiz… that’s what I’ve been doing lately.. hehehe.. I did’nt realize it’s been 6 days since my last post.
Anyway, since I’ve always watched video on my PC and I have a number media player installed on my PC for different file format. So here’s some HOW-TO that helped me manage the different media player that I’m using, mainly Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quick Time, WinAmp and DivX Player.
Enabling and disabling the default media player on your computer.
To set Windows Media Player 11 as your default digital media player
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Under Pick a category, click Add or Remove Programs or just double click on the ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS icon.
3. In the Add or Remove Programs window, click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Set Program Access and Defaults.
5. In the Choose a configuration box, double-click Custom.
6. In the Choose a default media player area, just select the Media Player that you prefer, then click on APPLY then OK for the changes to take effect.
Now for the steps on how to manage or associate the different media file to different Media Players.
Windows Media Player 11 (WMP 11)
1. Open the Windows Media Player 11. (START > ALL PROGRAMS > WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER)
2. Once the Windows Media Player is open, click on TOOLS, then select OPTIONS…
4. Once done, just click on APPLY then OK for the changes to take effect.
NOTE: These steps can also be applied on Windows Media Player 9 and 10.
NOTE: Selecing the option “MAKE REALPLAYER MY UNIVERSAL MEDIA PLAYER” will make Real Player your default Media Player.
4. In the MEDIA TYPES screen, place a check mark on the file type that you want to associate with the Real Player, then click on OK, then OK to edit the PREFERENCES screen and for the changes to take effect.
3. Once the PREFERENCES screen, click on the FILE TYPES tab, from there just select the file format that you want to associate with QUICKTIME, then just click on APPLY then OK for the settings to take effect.
NOTE: If you are in WinAmp MODERN Skin Mode, just click on OPTIONS then PREFERENCES. You can also use the shotcut key CTRL + “P”.
3. On the WinAMP PREFERENCES, locate the GENERATE PREFERENCES then FILE TYPES, from there you can select the file types that you want to associate with WinAmp, all settings will take effect immediately.
That was a bit long… hopefully this will more help to you than me. 😉
Last modified: May 18, 2009