That was some Typhoon!!! I was offline the whole weekend!!!:-(
Anyhooo… just got this in the email… a really funny email and I posted it on my “Things I got from the Net!!!” blog but being a former employee of AOL, I can help but post this on “My Tech BLog” as well.
For privacy reasons, I removed the email address. 😉
Date: Saturday, 26 September, 2009 10:52 AM
Subject: WHEN AOL STARTS BUILDING CARS
- The AOL car would have a TOP speed of 40 MPH yet have a 200 MPH speedometer.
- The AOL car would come equipped with a NEW and fantastic 8-Track tape player.
- The car would often refuse to start and owners would just expect this and try again later.
- The windshield would have an extra dark tint to protect the driver from seeing better cars.
- AOL would sell the same model car year after year and claim it’s the NEW model.
- Every now and then the brakes on the AOL car would just “lock-up” for no apparent reason.
- The AOL car would have a very plain body style but would have lots’a pretty colors and lights.
- The AOL car would have only one door but it would have 5 extra seats for family members.
- Anyone dissatisfied could return the car but must continue to make payments for 6 months.
- If an AOL car owner received 3 parking tickets AOL would take the car off of them.
- The AOL car would have an AOL Cell phone that can only place calls to other AOL car cell phones.
- AOL would pass a new car law forbidding AOL car oeners from driving near other car dealerships.
- AOL car mechanics would have no experience in car repair.
- Younger AOL car drivers would be able to make other peoples AOL cars stall just for fun.
- It would not be possible to upgrade your AOL car stereo.
- AOL cars would be forced to use AOL gas that cost 20% more and gave worse mileage.
- Anytime an AOL car owner saw another AOL car owner he would wonder, M/F/age?
- It would be common for AOL car owners to divorce just to marry another AOL car owner.
- AOL car owners would always claim to be older or younger than they really are.
- AOL cars would come with a steering wheel and AOL would claim no other cars have them.
- Every time you close the door on the AOL car it would say, “Good-Bye.”
With that said.. I can’t wait to see when Apple, Microsoft and Google to start making cars!! 🙂
Last modified: September 28, 2009