DFA Passport Appointment System

Written by | Tech

I recently applied for a passport, luckily I took advantage of their Passport Appointment System and I applied for the Machine Readable Password (MRP). Before I used the Passport Appointment System Online, we took our chance and applied as a walk-in applicant and I’m telling you it was a lot different.

Imagine being in a line with the hundreds of walk-in applicants and waited for more than 2 hours, just to find out that the DFA employee will only give you a schedule stubs, saying that you need to go back there after 8 days.

After that, I tried and applied through the DFA PASSPORT APPOINTMENT SYSTEM, you can use this if you are a New Applicant, Renewal and Senior Citizens, you can use their online system.

You just need to fill up their web form that will require your, FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, PLACE OF BIRTH, EMAIL ADDRESS and contact number. After that you should received an confirmation email from scheduler@dfa-appointment.net, with a subject line of “OCA-SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT”.

Here’s a screen shot of the online form.

After a day, I got a schedule and I can go there on Jan 21, that’s a lot faster and more convenient than a walkin applicant. 🙂 Make sure you have a printed copy of the email when you go to their office, since the guard will not let you in without this email.

Of course prior to the date of appointment, you should complete the requirements for first time applicants. The requirements that brought are the NSO issued birth certificate and marriage contract, my SSS and driver’s license ID and don’t forget the 3 copies of your photo with a size of 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm on a royal blue background, make sure that your facial size is 3 cm.

Being an online applicant, you have your own dedicated line and encoders, so everything is a breeze. It only took me atleast 1 hr and a half to complete the application and we only need to go to DFA once, while for walk-in applicants, there’s the 2 hours plus waiting in line for the schedule stubs and then going back to DFA. I just need to go back there on Feb 1, to claim my Passport.

Things to remember:

• Bring atleast 3 or more black ball pen. (just incase you need lend someone a pen)
  • Download the application form, from this link, then paste your photos on the box located at the top right corner of the form.
  • Make sure you have all the requirements.
  • Print the email that indicate your schedule and Reference number.

Helpful links:

Last modified: January 22, 2010

19 Responses to :
DFA Passport Appointment System

1. puzzle says:

Kudos to this online application!

2. Teknisyan says:

Yeah… just got my passport today and it was a breeze!

3. rhouzhel says:

it was great!!!easy application less stress…

4. Anonymous says:

What's the difference between this online application with this one:http://epassport.com.ph/set-appointment?

-ldg

5. Teknisyan says:

@Anonymous – That link is for the new epassport and the one that I posted is for the MRP or the Machine Readable Password. Not sure if they will be phasing out the MRP and use ePassPort instead.

Here's another link that you can use: http://dfa.gov.ph/form/app2/index.html

6. jade says:

hi good day,i am a first time applicant.. and i already had my appointment with the dfa but the thing is i didnt get any confirmation email or message in my email address.i filled up the appointment form correctly. they were able to give me my reference number though. my question will that be alright .. will i still be able to apply for the passport with that reference number i got only? or do i need to have another appointment? i had my appointment schedule in this site http://www.passport.com.ph/set-appointment pls help me im really nervous and confused if it will be alright or not .. pls pls i need help badly

7. jade says:

good day, i am a first time applicant. i had my appointment already with the dfa. but the thing is i didnt get any confirmation or appointment message in my email address. but i have my reference number though. i filled up all those need to be filled up, correctly. i got my schedule already and my reference number but i dont have any email message from them in my email address. my question is will this be ok.. can i still be able to apply even if i only have my reference number but no print outs of my confirmation schedule? pls help me do i need to set another appointment again? pls help me plssss im afraid and nervous…

8. Teknisyan says:

@jade – Really cannot answer that for you, since I do not work for DFA but it would be best that you call them.

You can use the following numbers..

(632) 551-4402
    551-4437
    831-8971
    834-4424
    834-4855

from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm

as posted on http://dfa.gov.ph/main, I did have a problem setting up the online appointment but they were able to help me. 😉

9. Teknisyan says:

Looks like the links have been updated by DFA, you can visit the new Online Appointment System at http://dfa.gov.ph/form/app2/index.html.

10. funcdesigns says:

Problem is, it is only available in Manila. I hope the IT staff can make it to provincial offices, first of all it's e-Passport.

11. Teknisyan says:

well I really cannot answer that for you, but that will surely shorten the line that we see in DFA, if ever they open satellite office in the province.

12. venus says:

magandang gabi,akala ko po ba after 7 days malalaman ko na yung schedule ko?bakit wala pa rin?

13. Teknisyan says:

@venus

I really love to help you with that but it is best that you contact DFA you can use the number that I replied to JADE.

Or you can also visit: http://dfa.gov.ph/main/ to their contact details.

Calling them works for me. 🙂

14. Anonymous says:

for renewal ang baby ko and for legitimation p ang birth cert nya is it possible n maikuha ko sya ng passport at ano kayang supporting documents ang kailangan ko thnx ng madami sana matulungan mo ako

15. Teknisyan says:

@Anonymous

It would be best that you call DFA, so that you can get an accurate answer.

You can use the following numbers..

(632) 551-4402
    551-4437
    831-8971
    834-4424
    834-4855

from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, as posted on http://dfa.gov.ph/main

16. Anonymous says:

anuh pohh ba ung e-mail ng dfa?

17. Teknisyan says:

they don't a direct email address but you can use the email from from this URL: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/about-the-dfa/contact-us

18. Anonymous says:

GOOD am
    i have a prob. about my birth certificate the NSO was not found my record in their database,what will i do when i go to DFA?i am first time applicant,pwidi ba yung marriage contract with NSO secure papers ang dalhin ko kaysa birth certificate?

19. Abiel says:

I think it would be better if you call DFA. Their number is posted on the DFA web site or just call them at (632) 556-0000, from Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm