There have been reports of information leaks about the upcoming version of the Windows OS which is obviously Windows 8 or that’s what is said on the “leaked info”. Windows 7 the latest ver of the Windows OS family and barely a year old (released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009 and retail on October 22,2009) now this report about the next and upcoming version of Windows operating.
So far here are the thing that were revealed about the the upcoming OS (of couse
base on the leaked information).
- Beta to be release by mid-2011–just and public beta by the end of 2011.
- Microsoft apps store called Windows store (YES! Similar to the Apple and Andriod Apps store), mostlikely integrated with Window Phones 7 and or Xbox Live.
- Integrated IE 9 as default browser (Do I hear anti-thrust?)
- Windows 8 targetting laptop, netbook, tablets, desktop and media center. (Is there another type of PC aside from those 5? Mac?)
- Multimedia support like AVC HD (with chapter seek), 3D video, and multiple MPEG-4 formats for the web, improved MJPEG (webcams and still cameras), MPEG-2 (decoding/encoding), H.264 (encoding), and WMV. Additional support for HTML 5-based audio and video in web pages and traditional TV tuners.
- Improved Windows Backup.
- More efficient built-in power management and faster boot up than Windows 7.
- Better and improved System Restore, factory reset and system recovery.
- Native support for next generation devices based on the USB 3.0 standard, Bluetooth 3.0 (but not Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed) for hands free adapters and mono and stereo headsets.
- Human presence sensors support with the use of Kinect.
What do you think?
Last modified: July 5, 2010