Canon officially unveil the much talked about Canon 60D. The new Canon 60D looks is similar to it predecessor the Canon 50D but with a new 7.7cm (3.0”) vari-angle wide swivel LCD screen like the G10 and can produce an image with a 3:2 aspect ratio and a 1,040k dot resolution and an image size up to 18 megapixel.
Aside from taking pictures, the new Canon 60D also captures 1920x1080p HD video with a customizable frame rates, including 30, 25 and 24fps, as well as 720p video at 60 and 50fps. Much like the previously released Canon EOS 7D and the 550D.
Here is a quick look at the EOS 60D features:
* 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
* Advanced creative features with Basic +
* Vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 ratio LCD
* Full HD movies with manual control
* DIGIC 4
* ISO 100-6400, H:12800
* 5.3fps shooting for up to 58 JPEGs
* 9-point cross type AF System
* iFCL metering with 63-zone Dual-layer Sensor
* Integrated Speedlite transmitter
* In-camera RAW processing
Here’s a product walkthrough video of the new Canon 60D.
The new Canon 60D will be available September with a price tag of $1,100.
So now its between Nikon D3100, Canon EOS 550D and Canon EOS 60D for me. So which one do you think is better? Feature wise and cost wise?
Last modified: August 26, 2010