RIM the makers of Blackberry smartphone, just announced the availability and officially launching the BB Playbook tablet in the US and Canada. At the same time telling everybody that we can now place your orders starting today via Best buy’s web site, which was also named as RIM’s preferred retailer for Blackberry Playbook.
The BB Playbook Wifi model will come in 3 variants; the 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of storage and priced at $499, $599 and $699 respectively. The BB Playbook will be available in all Best Buy stores this April 19.
Here’s the specs of BB Playbook dub as the first professional tablet:
– 7″ 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
– Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
– 1 GHz dual-core processor
– BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
– MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
– Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
– 1080p HDMI output
– Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
– 1 GB RAM memory
– Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
– GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
– Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
– Wi-Fi® (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
– Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
Aside from the availability of BB Playbook in Best Buy, RIM also announced that BB Playbook will be available in more than 20,000 retailers and wireless carriers in the U.S. and Canada.
For more information of RIM’s announcement and the list of retailers and wireless carriers where you can score your own BB Playbooks, just hit the PR links below.
- Best Buy Begins Accepting Orders For BlackBerry PlayBook Today
- RIM Announces Retail Channels for BlackBerry PlayBook
Last modified: March 22, 2011