Premier digital company Yahoo! introduced a new and innovative, faster and smarter approach to web information-searching through launching the Yahoo! Axis- a new search browser that allows you get informtaion in a highly-responsive tool where it integrates both searching and browsing content! That means, you can enter search queries, see and interact with visual results, all without ever leaving the page you’re currently on! More than that, this browser tool also automatically recognizes you as you move from one device to another providing a personalized and consistent experience wherever you go!
With Yahoo! Axis you can enjoy the following cool features:
- Search the web without ever leaving the web page you are viewing. Easily return to your search results at anytime without needing to use the web browser’s “back” button.
- Yahoo! Axis provides search suggestions, visual snapshots of web results, and quick answers to common searches, like the weather forecast or local movie show times.
- Yahoo! Axis on the iPad and iPhone are web browsers with a built-in search box. Enter search terms or URL’s (e.g., www.yahoo.com) in the same box. See search results instantly appear as you type without ever needing to go to a search results page.
- Sign in using your Yahoo!, Facebook or Google account, and Yahoo! Axis will automatically recognize you from any of your linked devices.
- Yahoo! Axis allows you to go from one search result to the next. On the iPhone and iPad, just swipe from the edge of your screen and browse through results as you would with a magazine. On your desktop, Yahoo! Axis shows right and left arrows you can click to go to the next or previous result.
- Bookmark any page for quick access anytime. Your bookmarks will appear as visual snapshots of the web page so you can easily find the page you are looking for.
The powerful and fascinating search browser yet is currently available as a plugin to different HTML5-enabled browsers and as an app to iOS mobile devices including:
- Tablet – Yahoo! Axis supports the Apple iPad™.
- Mobile – Yahoo! Axis supports the Apple iPhone™.
- Desktop – Yahoo! Axis for the desktop is a add-on that supports the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome™ (all versions).
- Mozilla Firefox™ (version 7 and higher).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer™ (version 9 and higher).
- Apple Safari™ (version 5 and higher).
“Our search strategy is predicated on two core belief — one, that people want answers, not links and two, that consumer-facing search is ripe for innovative disruption,” shared Shashi Seth, senior vice president, Connections, Yahoo! Inc. “With Axis, we have re-defined and re-architected the search and browse experience from the ground up.”
To learn more about the Yahoo! Axis features and other information, click here.
Last modified: May 24, 2012