Power-packed with high and premium features, LG managed to offer a smartphone that’s powerful as those currently in the market and yet added new features so it is uniquely distinguishable, highly noticeable from the rest and promises to give a unique mobile experience.
“The Optimus G is a groundbreaking premium device not only in the history of LG but also in the smartphone industry,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “With the Optimus G, users will be able to experience unsurpassed UX features that will allow them to perform tasks that really enhance their daily lives.”
LG Optimus G is the first smartphone powered by Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) with Quad-Core Krait CPU. It supports the ultra-fast Long-Term Evolution (LTE) connection and sports the newest generation Adreno 320 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
With Unique Experience (UX), LG Optimus G offers a different user interface experience such as cross-tasking apart from multitasking. Cross-tasking is a different and unique feature in a way that if multitasking allows running application at the same time, cross-tasking allows user to accomplish tasks simultaneously without compromising other tasks.
UX offers cross-tasking capability on the following features:
- QSlide Function shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. As it doesn’t just show a part of the screen but the entire screen of both functions, the user can complete two tasks concurrently -– such as sending a text message or searching the web while watching a video;
- Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being streamed for a close-up of one’s child while watching a recorded video from a school recital;
- Dual Screen Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes;
- QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL. The QuickMemo can also be used as an overlay feature – like jotting down a number using the QuickMemo and directly dialing the number while the number is on the top layer;
- Screen Zooming allows for the zooming in and out of lists in music player, email, text messages and photo gallery. It also offers the ability to change the font size and screen layout;
- Application Link launches preset applications (email, calendar, weather, etc.) when the alarm is turned off -– making preparation time in the morning go a little faster with all the information on your screen and
- Icon Personalizer allows users the ability to customize icons by editing size and adding images so the most frequently used apps can be most easily accessible.
- Smart Shutter senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot;
- Time Catch Shot enables the user to choose the best among various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed;
- Cheese Shutter takes photos easily with voice activation command just by saying cheese, kimchi, smile or even LG and
- Low Light Shot Noise Reduction employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise.
Other notable features of LG Optimus G include Zerogap Touch and True HD IPS Plus Display provided by LG Innotek and LG Display and Battery powering up to 800 cycles which translates a much longer battery life.
Here are the rest of the specs of LG Optimus G:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC
LG said in their announcement that the LG Optimus G will go on sale first in South Korea next week and will be available in key markets worldwide on October onwards.
Last modified: September 20, 2012