At the Apple event in in San Jose’s California Theatre, Phil Schiller finally announced the 2nd Macbook Pro that will feature the retina display, it’s the 13″ Macbook Pro with Retina display, though I was expecting it to be a new and refreshed MacBook Air.
Here’s what’s been unveil so far about the new 13″ Macbook Pro with Retina display.
- Intel Core i5 processor dual-core 2.5GHz up to 3.1GHz via Turbo Boost with 3MB shared L3 cache / (configurable) Intel Core i7 processor dual-core 2.9GHz dual-core up to 3.6GHz via Turbo Boost w/ 4MB shared L3 cache
- Mac OS X (Mountain Lion)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Retina display with 2560 x 1600 screen resolution or 4,096,000 pixels native resolution at 227 ppi
- 8 GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 768GB storage(SSD)
- Dimension (h x w x d): 0.75 inch (1.9 cm) x 12.35 inches (31.4 cm) x 8.62 inches (21.9 cm)
- Weight: 3.57 pounds (1.62 kg)
- No ODD
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Ports: Magsafe 2, 2 x Thunderbolt port, USB 3.0, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Dual mic, SDXC Card reader, HDMI, USB 3
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Stereo speakers
- Built-in 74-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
It’s also configurable to Intel Core i7 processor processor and 256GB, 512GB, or 768GB of flash storage. The base price of 13″ Macbook Pro with Retina display is $1699 for the 2.5 GHZ dual-core i5 with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB flash drive but it gets higher if you want more juice like getting the core i7 processor and more storage and can cost as much as $1999.00 and starts shipping Today.
You can read Apple PR about the 13″ Macbook Pro with Retina display here.
Last modified: October 23, 2012