Huawei gave us a sneak peek at what they’ll announced at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013 on their Facebook page; saying “The countdown has started! In just a few hours, we’ll be releasing this year’s hottest tech trends live from Las Vegas at Huawei’s 2013 CES Press Release. Stay tuned!”
Now it’s confirmed, Huawei will announce the Ascend D2; a 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density) smartphone, running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) that’s , upgradable to 4.2 using Huawei K3V chipset and powered by a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait. According to GSMArena the expected release date is on the 2nd quarter of 2013 but it can be available as early as February 2013.
We’ll update this post once, the full press release have been published as well as the specs and hopefully the price and exact availability.
Anyhow, here’s the unofficial specs of the Ascend D2.
- 5″ capacitive multi-touch display with 16M colors @ 1080 x 1920 pixels (441 ppi)
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) upgradable to JellyBean 4.2
- Chipset: Huawei K3V
- Processor: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- Networks: (2G) GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, GPRS, EDGE; (3G) HSDPA, HSPA+; (4G) LTE
- Internal RAM: TBD
- microSD, up to 32 GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- NFC, A-GPS support
- microUSB v2.0
- Rear-camera: 13 MP, autofocus with LED flash
- Video playback: 1080p @30fps
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Color: White, Black
The updated specs, official press release, availability and specs can be read here.
Last modified: January 7, 2013