One of the most recognizable brand of Samsung is the “GALAXY” and today Samsung is once again launching another Galaxy phone called the Galaxy S II Plus. It’s basically the refreshed version of the Samsung Galaxy S II which was awarded as the as the Best Smartphone for Mobile World Congress’ Global Mobile Awards 2012.
Samsung GALAXY S II Plus will feature a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, a 4.3″ WVGA Super AMOLED Plus display with 480 x 800-pixel screen resolution, an 8-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel one on the front. It has an internal storage of 8 GB expandable up to 64GB via microSD port and 1 GB RAM. Unlike the original S2, the S2 Plus will be running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) out of the box.
Samsung GALAXY S II Plus Specs:
- 4.3″ WVGA(480×800) Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Network: 3G HSPA+ 21.1Mbps,HSDPA 7.2Mbps,HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/2100 MHz; 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Rear Camera : 8 Megapixel Camera with LED Flash
- Front Camera : 2 Megapixel Camera
- Full HD(1080p@30fps) Playback & Recording
- Samsung TouchWiz UI
- A-GPS, Glonass
- Bluetooth® v 3.0
- USB 2.0
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 +5GHz), WiFi Direct
- Optional NFC
- Accelerometer, Geo-Magnetic, Light, Proximity, Gyro Sensor
- 8GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 64 GB via microSD
- Dimension: NFC: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.9 mm, 121 g/ Non NFC: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm, 121 g
- Li-ion 1,650 mAh battery
Samsung did not mention the date of availability or the price, looking at the number of competition this year we can expect Samsung to market this by the end of Q1 or early Q2, and checking the specs (below), it’s surely be in the cheap end.
Last modified: January 10, 2013