Abenson now offers Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620 – My Hands-on And First Impression

Written by | Gadgets, Review

Avant Abenson Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920

Few days ago when Nokia Philippines announced that their newest flagship phones namely Nokia Lumia 620 and Nokia Lumia 820 has finally arrived on shore, available in selected Nokia Stores and partner dealers nationwide—Nokia Lumia 920 is yet to arrive on April. I was happy that yesterday, I was able to have a hands on of all the three phones at Avant Abenson in TrinoMa so check out my impressions below about these newest amazing gadgets.

Lumia 620, 820 and 920 is a new breed of smartphones released by Nokia. It differs from the rest of other Nokia series in a way that it’s now powered by the upgraded Windows 8 mobile operating system. Because of its advanced and powerful internal working environment, Nokia was able to pull off great and even improved features rarely seen from the rest of smartphones in the market right now.

LOOK AND FEEL

Lumia series can be highly distinguished for its ‘metro’ or ‘modern’ look which is a winning design because of its intuitiveness and easy navigation. It has live tiles that let you take a sneak preview of some of the latest contents of your phone such as number of recent and unread messages and emails, thumbnails of people on your contacts and social media accounts, new photos, missed calls and more.

Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 in the flesh

Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 in the flesh

You can easily distinguish a Nokia 620, 820 and 920 from one another apart from its eye candy colors. The Lumia 620, the entry-level smartphone is the smallest in size and has fully rounded corners, rectangular shape. Nokia Lumia 820 (mid-range) has a bigger screen and has a bit rounded corners while Lumia 920 (high-end) has the biggest size and in full rectangular shape.

I think it is worth mentioning that the font size in the Lumia interface is configurable which is good for users, especially the seniors whose vision makes the default size already too small or blurry for them.

CUTTING EDGE FEATURES AND DEAL FOR FULL VERSION APPLICATIONS

Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 Map

While relatively new, Lumia offers cutting edge applications that are actually better from other smartphones. One commendable feature is its interactive Map application which offers detailed information about certain places in the Philippines or other particular country for that matter. While most GPS capable Map applications from other competing smartphones require data network or internet connection, the Map application of Lumia series is useful even offline. You just need to select a map (say map of the Philippines) from their database, download the map and presto; you have the fully functioning 2D map!

Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 Office ApplicationBecause Lumia phones are powered by Microsoft, creating office documents has become even more convenient on the go with its Office application! What’s more interesting is the fact that you can now sync your documents to its free cloud storage, SkyDrive, so you can access, edit and collaborate with your team on the files stored in it.

Lumia phones offers innovative design and is by far the only smartphone series that offers wireless charging and swappable shells!

The Lumia 620, 820 and 920 has a powerful camera that automatically reads QR codes and displays the link to its source. This application makes sense since QR codes are now widely used for decoding download links and product coupons. Further with Nokia Smart Shoot, you can capture a series of photos in a single click!

Abenson Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 built-in QR code reader

Lumia smartphones have also a unique feature called City Lens, an application that is able to detect nearby places as you move your camera around a specific location. The experience is like having a futuristic gear that allows you to identify places even they are beyond your sight. Mind blown!

Abenson Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 City Lens

Nokia Lumia 620, 820 and 920 City Lens

The Windows Phone Market is a home to hundreds of apps for Lumia smartphones and I’ve learned that it offers free trial on applications so customers can have a preview of its features before actually buying the full version. Cool offer!

PERKS OF GETTING LATEST GADGETS AT ABENSON

Guess what, you can now get the Lumia 620, 820 and 920 at selected Abenson stores nationwide! Known as one of the country’s biggest appliances store chain, Abenson is also a home for the latest mobile phones such as the above mentioned and many other cool gadgets!

2na5mdt

You just don’t get the latest gadgets but you also get them with exclusive freebies! Abenson allows you to get your dream gadget for as low as Php500/month, zero percent(0%) interest on all major credit cards!

If you want to avail the new Lumia 620, 820 and 920, have a drop by at Abenson stores near you and you might just get yourself a huge discount!

NOKIA LUMIA 620, 820 AND 920 PHOTOS

t9e6j9

Last modified: February 25, 2013

0 Responses to :

1. Nikki says:

Oh! That’s me on people. Hahaha

1. Abet Servillon says:

Kaw ba nga ba ‘yan Nikki? Hehe. Thank you ha ^_^
      -Albert

2. Nikki says:

Oh! That’s me on people. Hahaha

1. Kaw ba nga ba ‘yan @47e4b9b25b943a05d3dd2c7e5383db13:disqus? Hehe. Thank you ha ^_^
      -Albert

3. ruthannne says:

how much is nokia lumia 620 ?

1. Abet Servillon says:

Hi Ruth
      Nokia Lumia 620 in Abenson is Php12,695 cash or Php1,057 for 12 months installment available for all major credit cards 🙂

4. ruthannne says:

how much is nokia lumia 620 ?

1. Hi @9680edb20e50817d1fd6bd5026a436aa:disqus
      Nokia 620 is Php12,695 cash or Php1,057 for 12 months installment available for all major credit cards 🙂

5. dimaks says:

The last time I owned a Nokia unit was like 4 or 5 years ago. It is good that they came up with these smart versions. Lumia is so tempting.

6. dimaks says:

7. Rochkirstin Santos says:

Even if Nokia is slowly catching up with all the new smart phone innovations now, it won’t be successful in the competition, I believe so. There are lots of hard work to do to cope with the strongest brands now in the market.

8. Rochkirstin Santos says:

9. Franc Ramon says:

This may be the product that would have nokia some of Apple and Samsung’s share in the smart phone business.

10. Franc Ramon says:

11. papaleng says:

nice review. Honestly, I am not into these mobile phones. But my son will love seeing Nokia lumia 920 out na sa market and sa Avenson pa.

12. papaleng says:

13. so this is what they were talking about in the office earlier. very nice.. I like how windows come up with a very nice seagoe based interface.

14. so this is what they were talking about in the office earlier. very nice.. I like how windows come up with a very nice seagoe based interface.

15. i love this phone everyone been crazy for this. .. its amazing how technology evolves nowadays.

16. i love this phone everyone been crazy for this. .. its amazing how technology evolves nowadays.

17. those looks like really good my frend wanted a 920 though he ended up joining the samsung S3 wagon this is a great fone stil.. xx

18. those looks like really good my frend wanted a 920 though he ended up joining the samsung S3 wagon this is a great fone stil.. xx

19. Tasya says:

1. Abiel says:

Not just on phones… all the latest gadgets ako!!! 🙂

20. everybody’s crazy over new phones.If i have money to spend I probably get all the latest ones.

1. Abiel says:

Not just on phones… all the latest gadgets ako!!! 🙂

21. ana karen Banhag says:

oh! it’s more affordable there in the Philippines. I’ve got the chance to browse the 920… and how i wish i could buy one…. hmmm but cannot pout it in my priority list right now, really… 🙂

22. ana karen Banhag says:

23. i love the lumia 920. i had a chance to explore this for a short while and i already want to buy one.

24. i love the lumia 920. i had a chance to explore this for a short while and i already want to buy one.

25. Nanardxz says:

Looks like a great phone.. just in time im planning to get a new one. thanks for the review Albert!

26. Nanardxz says:

27. Mai_Flores says:

My brother actually owns a Nokia Lumia 820. It’s pretty slick actually. It’s definitely competing with all the other smartphones.

28. Mai_Flores says:

29. Jhoveleen David says:

I first read as Nokia Lumpia. Maybe just thinking over with food. Phone technology is fast moving these days. Because of that it’s hard for us to choose which one to buy.

30. Jhoveleen says:

31. mark pogi says:

Thanks for giving us your thoughts on the Nokia Lumia series. Now I’m confused which smartphone to get soon.

32. mark pogi says:

33. exlinkevents says:

I am an iphone user but a windows 8 user also. Nokia because of this gadget is back in the game.

34. exlinkevents says:

35. Pal Raine says:

WOW! Another great from NOKIA. Very nice gadget…hmmm..hope my eldest daughter can’t see your post or else I’m bankrupt again…hahahahaha

36. Pal Raine says:

37. ralph says:

my first ever cellphone was nokia…They have really evolved into high tech gadgets.. I still remember the 5110 model,hahahaha.. Yahweh bless

38. ralph says: