Last November Acer introduced Acer C7 – their version of the Chromebook powered by Google’s browser/OS the Chrome OS. Today (or yesterday) Acer announces a refreshed version of the Acer C7 the Acer C710-2055; that has twice the RAM of the original C7, but the same display, processor and 320 GB Hard Disk Drive in other words same everything.
Here’s the new specs of the Acer C710-2055 Chromebook:
- 11.6″ HD Widescreen CineCrystalTM LED-backlit LCD
- 1 inch thin – 3 lbs / 1.4 kg
- 6-cell battery up to 6 hours battery
- Intel Celeron 847 processor (2MB L3 cache, 1.10GHz, DDR3 1333 MHz) processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 100 GB Google Drive Cloud Storage2 with 320 GB Hard Disk Drive
- Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Ethernet
- 1.3MP HD Camera
- 3x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI Port, 1x VGA port
With the refreshed Acer C710-2055 the company is targeting the education sector and hoping that the new $279.99 retail price will appeal to students and even teachers. Yes, up from the original price of Acer C7 which is $199.00, an $80 increase. It’s now available from retailers and from authorized Acer reseller.
You can read Acer’s full announcement here.
Last modified: March 13, 2013