If bulking DSLR is not your thing and that’s the only reason why you don’t want to buy a DSLR, that may soon change, since Canon will soon launch a small body entry-level DSLR that they are calling EOS-b or Kiss X7 in some market.
The Canon EOS-b/Kiss X7 is said to feature an 18 megapixel APS-C sensor with a Digic 5 processor, a fixed 1.04 Million dot 3″ LCD display, 4fps continuous shooting, an SD card slot, full HD video recording, 100-25600 ISO range, 9-point AF system and a special scene/effect modes. It will also come with a new STM EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 kit lens. The reported release date is on May 4 and will retail at $799.
Here’s the reported specs of the new Canon EOS-b via CanonRumors:
- 18 million pixel sensor DIGIC5
- 1.04 million dot 3-inch LCD monitor
- 4 seconds of continuous shooting frames / video
- EF -S 18-55mm lens kit is available with the IS STM, the double zoom kit
- Full HD
- 30-1/4000 seconds shutter speed
- synchronous second 1/200
- ISO range is 100-25600
- AF sensor 9-point, the central cross
- Special scenes can switch the shooting mode six set blur background – effects shots
- hybrid CMOS AF II was a wider area
- Media SD / SDHC / SDXC
- Battery LP-E12
- (body only) 370g, weighs 407g (battery, memory card included)
The soon to be release Canon EOS-b is still far being small compare to the current crop of micro fourthirds or mirrorless camera in the market and since Canon have not been successful in releasing their own brand of mirrorless camera, this could be Canon’s way of fighting the trend.
Last modified: March 20, 2013