As conservative as Saudi Arabia, you’d think that people here are not social online as you see them offline.
Here are some funfacts regarding Saudi Arabia and the micro-blogging site Twitter.
- One of Twitter’s biggest investor is Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal who invested $300 million in Twitter two year ago.
- You can actually compose your tweet in Arabic.
- 51% of internet users in Saudi Arabia surveyed were active Twitter users, putting it in first place worldwide.
- Saudi Arabia’s most prominent clerics, Salman al-Awdah has 2.4 million followers on Twitter
- Saudis are the fastest growing group on the social networking website Twitter with an increase that amounts to 3,000%.
- Saudi Crown Prince Salman is also on twitter and has 320,577 followers
Note: I tried looking for the twitter account of Salman al-Awdah but I cannot find it.
Last modified: March 31, 2013