In a media event, Facebook (of all company) announced what we can consider the first Facebook Phone or the first Android device to be pre-loaded with Facebook’s own user interface layer – Facebook Home. What is Facebook Home? That’s for another post.
Anyway, HTC First is a mid-level android phone that will feature a dual-core 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 16 GB of non-expandable internal storage, 4G LTE Support. HTC First will also have a 4.3″ 720p Super LCD display, a 2000 MaH battery, a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 1.6 megapixel front-facing camera. You can checkout the full specs below.
HTC First Specs:
- 4.3″ Super LCD screen, 1280 x 720p screen resolution @341 ppi
- Qualcomm® 8930AA, dual core 1.4 GHz Processor
- Android™ 4.1/ Facebook Home
- 16GB Internal Storage
- 1 GB RAM
- UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- LTE 850/1900 MHz
- Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Gyro, Tri-axis Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- NFC capable
- Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Built-in dual-microphones
- 5 MP BSI Rear Camera, f2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Full HD (1080p) video recording
- 1.6 MP BSI front camera
- Color: black, white, red and pale blue.
- Li-iOn 2000 mAh Battery
HTC First will be the 3rd HTC smartphone that have deep Facebook integration (4th if you consider HTC Status and Chacha as 2 separate phone); first there was the HTC Chacha, HTC Status (US version of Chacha), then the HTC Salsa.
HTC First will be available for pre-order today for $99.99 with a two-year contract and available exclusively in AT&T stores and online starting April 12. In the coming months, HTC First will be available in Europe via Orange and EE, though no pricing and availability have been set release. No word on the availability for other regions.
Last modified: April 5, 2013