Canon has announced Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, the much anticipated refresh of their 5D series of Canon professional DSLR cameras.
The new EOS 5D Mark IV features a 30.4 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor with the DIGIC 6+ Image Processor and Canon’s propriety Dual Pixel CMOS AF, that gives you the ability to record 4K 30P video and seven frames per second (fps) continuous shooting.
Here are the specs of the new Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR:
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab* of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps** continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW***, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
If you are a EOS 5D Mark III owner, you can checkout this comparison chart between the EOS 5D Mark IV and EOS 5D Mark III.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR will be available early September 2016 with an estimated retail price of $3,499.00 for the body only, $4,399.00 for the body-and-lens kits with the EF24-70mm f/4L lens and $4,599.00 with the EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens that is scheduled to be available late October.
Aside from the new camera, Canon is also announced two new EF-Series L-series lenses as well as new Canon Battery Grip BG-E20, a Rain Cover ERC-E5S/E5M/E5L and Protecting Cloth PC-E1.
The new EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens features a large diameter GMO dual surface aspherical lens and ground aspherical lens, f/2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range, fluorine coating, improved durability and is dust and water resistant.
The new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom lens features an improved four-stop image stabilization as well as ghosting and flare reduction with air sphere coating.
Both the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens is scheduled to be available in late October, for an estimated retail price of $2,199.00 and $1,099.00, respectively.
Last modified: August 25, 2016