In line with this the S. Korea smartphone manufacturer has release additional details on the difference between the old/faulty Note 7 versus the replacements and how to check if the new Note7 passes the safety check.
The replacement version of the Galaxy Note7 features the green battery icon in the user interface to let you know that it now holds an updated battery pack.
Owners of the replacement version of the Galaxy Note7 can also check if the IMEI passes the safety check by following the steps below;
- Look for the 15-digit code (IMEI 1 / IMEI Slot 1) that you may find via:
- Looking at the side of the box your unit came with. The IMEI sticker should be seen there.
- Looking at the back bottom portion of your unit. There’s an IMEI engraved there.
- Going to Settings > About Device > Status > IMEI Information on your device. You should see the IMEI listed in the page.
- Going to your phone dialer, type in *#06#. You should see the IMEI displayed onto the screen of your phone.
- Verify if your Note7 passes the safety check by going here, then just provide the 5-digit code and click CHECK.
Last modified: October 4, 2016