Smart communications have announced that they will offer free calls and set up charging stations (Libreng Tawag and Libreng Charging) in areas that have been affected by Typhoon Nina (international name Nock-ten), most notably those in the South Luzon region.
The Smart’s offer will be in the following locations from December 27 to 30, 2016;
- Broadway Marketing office in Boac, Marinduque
- Omega Building in Pili, Camarines Sur
- LPMC Building in Sorsogon, Sorsogon
- Smart has also deployed a roving Libreng Tawag and Libreng Charging unit with the Tulong Kapatid emergency relief team in Catanduanes.
Smart has also set up Libreng Tawag stations in the following areas:
- Traders Square Building in Naga City
- Albay Public Safety and Emergency Management Office, Albay
Libreng Charging stations have also been set up in the following areas:
- Quick Trax Marketing office in Naga City
- Broadway Marketing office in Santa Cruz, Marinduque
- PLDT business office in Rizal Street, Barangay Ilawod, Old Albay, Legazpi City
- PLDT business office in Boac, Marinduque (near the Boac Municipal Building)
- Digitel business office in Boac, Marinduque (near the Provincial Capitol Building)
- Smart cellsite, Barangay Taisan, Legazpi City
- Smart cellsite, Barangay Concepcion-Pequeña, Naga City, Camarines Sur
Smart also announced that as of 12 noon of December 27, 90% of its cell sites in 14 provinces affected by Typhoon Nina are now operational.
Last modified: December 27, 2016