In their Unpacked 2017 launched event in New York, Samsung officially unveil the successor the Note 7, the Galaxy Note 8. Details of the Note 8 have been online since the start of the month and Samsung just confirmed and made everything official.
Similar to the Galaxy S8 and S8+, the Note 8 features Samsung’s Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display, measuring 6.3-inch. Another feature that Samsung demoed on stage is the dual 12-MP rear camera of the phone; one camera is a 12MP wide-angle camera, the other is a 12MP Telephoto that allow up to 2x optical zoom, both are equipped with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). The Note 8 also has a feature called Live Focus, that lets you control the depth of field of the photos that you have taken, similar to Lytro camera.
The New Note 8 is also compatible with Samsung’s DeX, an accessory that turn your camera into a desktop-like computer. Another feature of the Note 8 that company showed off, is Bixby, Samsung’s own virtual assistant.
Here are the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note8;
- 6.3-inch SuperAMOLED display, squared-corner, resolution 1440 x 2960 in 18.5:9 aspect ratio, @521ppi
- Processor: Exynos 8895 Soc, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- RAM: 6GB
- Android 7.1.1
- Internal storage: 64GB with a microSD expansion slot up to 256 GB
- USB-C port
- Camera Rear: Dual Camera
- Wide-angle: 12MP AF Dual Pixel(F1.7), OIS
- Telephoto: 12MP AF(F2.4), OIS
- Front: 8MP AF(F1.7)
- NFC, MST
- LTE Cat. 16
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM
- Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
- Bixby Virtual assistant
- Dimension: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 195g
- Battery: fast-charging 3300mAh battery, supports wired and wireless charging
- Color: Midnight Black and Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue
The Note 8 will be available in three colors; Midnight Black and Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue. The phone will be available in stores beginning September 15, 2017, and Samsung is already accepting pre-orders today, August 24, 2017. An unlocked Galaxy Note8 will be available for $929.
Last modified: August 24, 2017