As expected, more details about the upcoming Note 8 have been leaked (again!), it talks about the internals of the upcoming phone.
Published by Evan Blass on Venture Beat, with the exemption of the S Pen, the Note 8’s components looks very much similar to the Galaxy S8+.
The Note 8 will feature a 6.3-inch SuperAMOLED display, which is a little large than the S8+ but with the same resolution and aspect ratio. The Note 8 sports a more squared-corner than rounded ones from the S8, it will also has a much larger RAM but smaller battery.
Another differentiating factor of the Note 8 with the S8+ is the camera, both smartphone have dual 12-MP rear camera, the Note 8’s shooter will be 12 MP as well but one will have a wide-angle lens, while the other will be using a telephoto lens, which is very similar to the dual rear-camera system of iPhone 7 Plus.
Samsung is expected to officially announce the Note 8 this 23rd of August in New York City, and will start shipping this September. Price start at round €1,000 or around $1,200 (USD).
Here’s the rumored Note 8’s specs;
- 6.3-inch SuperAMOLED display, squared-corner, resolution 1440 x 2960 in 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Exynos 8895 Soc, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal storage: 64GB with a microSD expansion slot
- USB-C port
- Dual-rear camera: 12-megapixel sensors (optically stabilized);
- Primary camera wide-angle with f1.7 aperture with dual-pixel autofocus
- Telephoto lens with f2.4, 2x optical zoom
- Front camera: 8-MP with f1.7 autofocus lens
- Dimensions: 162.5mm x 74.6mm x 8.5mm
- Battery: fast-charging 3300mAh battery, supports wired and wireless charging
- Color: Midnight Black and Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue
- Price: €1,000 or around $1,200 (USD)
Last modified: August 2, 2017