After being leaked a number of times, Huawei finally makes Mate 10 official.
Mate 10 will be the first smartphone that will powered by Huawei-designed chip, the Kirin 970 chipset with built-in neural processing unit (NPU), which the company said will boosts speed, responsiveness and efficiency through its AI computing platform with a dedicated NPU (Neural-Network Processing Unit).
The Huawei Mate 10 will have a body glass finish and a near-bezel-less 5.9″ FullView Display with 16:9 aspect ratio. It will run the latest Android Oreo, has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage that’s expandable up to 256GB via microSD. It will also feature Leica Dual camera; a 20MP monochrome camera and a 12MP RGB with f/1.6. Mate 10 also has a display port that allows users to connect the phone to a larger display without using a dock.
Huawei Mate 10 specs:
- 5.9″ FullView LCD Display, 16:9 AR, 2560 x 1440 resolution @ 499 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass (Front and Back)
- HUAWEI Kirin 970 Octa-Core CPU (4*Cortex A73 2.36GHz + 4*Cortex A53 1.8GHz) with Neural Network Processing Unit
- i7 co-processor
- Mali G72MP12 GPU
- Android 8.0 with EMUI 8.0
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage expandable up to 256GB via microSD (uses SIM2)
- Dual Leica Camera: 20MP Monochrome + 12MP RGB, f/1.6, OIS (Optical Image Stablisation), BSI CMOS, Dual-LED Flash, PDAF, CAF, Laser, Depth Auto Focus, 4K Video Recording
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.0
- FDD-LTE, TD-LTE, UMTS(WCDMA)/HSPA + /DC-HSDPA, TD-SCDMA, GSM/EDGE
- Dual SIM Support
- Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with Wi-Fi Direct support
- NFC, BT4.2, support BLE
- Support aptX/aptX HD and LDAC HD Audio
- USB Type C
- DisplayPort 1.2
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, G-Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Hall Sensor, Barometer, Infrared Remote Control
- IP53 Splash resistance
- 4000mAh battery
- Dimension: 150.5 mm x 77.8mm x 8.2mm
- Weight: 186 grams
- Colors:Mocha Brown, Black, Champagne Gold
The Huawei Mate 10 will be available in black, champagne gold, pink gold, and mocha brown colors and will be in more than 15 countries and regions including Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia by the end of October with a retail price of €699 or around Php 42,200, using the current *exchange rate.
*€1 = Php60.37
Last modified: October 17, 2017